Cool! Where Can I Find Affiliate Programs?
There are thousands upon thousands of affiliate programs on the World Wide Web. Each niche, no matter how big or small, has merchants that are employing affiliate systems to increase their direct sales. With information at your finger tips courtesy of this thing we call the Internet, finding these affiliate programs is easy.
It’s finding the niche or the market that you want to focus on that might provide a little challenge.
What Do You Mean By Finding A Market?
There are many fields that you can concentrate on.
You like dogs? Maybe you can consider the broader subject of pets, or a more specific breed like Chihuahua. Better yet, concentrate on a more particular branch, like dog health or dog care.
Your choice of market will depend on a variety of factors:
- How well do you know the said market? Passion will bring you a lot of benefits, so you might as well choose a market that you are passionate about from the very beginning.
- How interested are you in the said market? Knowledge is an ongoing commitment. You have to update yourself CONSTANTLY so as not to get left behind with the latest trends and tactics in your particular industry. Might as well choose a market that you are interested in to make the constant search for knowledge more enjoyable and fulfilling.
- What is the outlook for the said market? Naturally, you wouldn’t want to focus on a dying market where the products you are trying to pre-sell have saturated the digital shelves. You want a HUNGRY market, one which will be able to sustain profitability for a long, long time to come. This brings us to the basics of economic success…
- How big is the demand in the said market? This is the first component of economic success: that demand should be high.
- What is the size of the competition in the said market? This is the second component of economic success: that supply should be low.
Low Supply + High Demand = Profitable Market
This is the ONE FORMULA you should remember when choosing a market. It’s the basic rule of economic success. It’s the secret of many high profit businesses throughout the ages.
You see, high yielding enterprises are not born overnight, and neither are they born out of whim.
They are products of meticulous study and consistent hard work.
And it all begins from selecting the perfect market for their ventures.
There are many online tools that you can use to determine the variables at play with the formula above.
To determine demand, simply go to www.nichebot.com . Type in a subject you have in mind. You will then be taken to a page where a number of keywords and key phrases are suggested, together with the number of times they have been searched for in the search engines.
You will want to choose subjects with high numbers of searches.
My personal determinant is at least 1,000,000 searches per month. This will assure me that there are a substantial number of people very much interested in the said subject.
Now, finding a sub-topic that commands many searches is not enough. You need to determine how many websites are catering to them, since you’ll be operating on the Internet.
Run a search of the sub-topic at www.google.com . Look at the number of web pages that appear, as indicated on the top area of the results page.
If the subject commands 1,000,000 searches per month and there are 2,000,000 websites catering to them, then the supply outweighs the demand and the chances of succeeding as an affiliate in such a field will be slimmer.
But if the subject commands 1,000,000 searches per month and there are only 2,000 websites catering to them, then you have for yourself a goldmine!
This is how you find a fertile market on the World Wide Web.
Great! When Can I Start?
You can start as soon as possible! You can even start right now, while reading these pages.
As they say, experience is the best teacher, and what better way to learn than to immediately apply what you have read.